In today’s brief blog, we discuss why companies need to ensure their forklift operators need to undergo a full forklift training course and get fully licensed to operate the trucks for their day to day job.
Some of the reasons why your employees need forklift training are:
- To ensure compliance with regulations relating to the driving of lift trucks and related equipment – employers must ensure that all operators they employ both new and existing are adequately trained and when necessary provide for their additional or refresher training.
- To avoid accidents and incidents – which can result in personal injury, downtime, damage to buildings, plant and equipment, detailed investigation by HSE and even prosecution.
- To improve staff confidence and morale – quality, job related training with the emphasis on safe and efficient working practices develops operator confidence and encourages them to become productive and efficient members of the team.
- To improve productivity AND GAIN THE COMPETITIVE EDGE
With the above in mind and as a stakeholder at your company, ask yourself:
- Is your staff training up to date?
- Are your records properly maintained?
- Do you need to update skills for new or existing equipment?
- Are your Managers and Supervisors aware of their responsibilities?
If the answer to any of these is NO, or you are unsure, then give us a call or drop us an email to fix the problem.
4KS Forklift Training Ltd provide training at our Training centre in Birmingham as well as On-site training at company premises. Please visit our company bookings page for more information on getting your team up to date with their forklift license.